Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Taking The Day Off

I couldn't make TPAD happen last night.  Too tired, and too Eastcoasted out.  Yesterday, I met up with West Coast birding phenom Jim Tietz, and we cruised up into the Smokies for a morning of birding.  I saw my first Winter Wren (not a Pacific) plus a handful of facemelting warblers (I think we saw about 10 species of warblers).  Then at about noon, we were blasted out of the mountains by a torrential downpour.  Fun end to a fun day.  Today, I laid around like a lump for the first time in forever.  It was great.  Since I didn't post yesterday, here are four shots from BirdingWithJimTietzNorthCarolina2012.

Black-throated Green Warbler.  I still haven't seen one in CA.  Woe.

Pipevine Swallowtail.

Broad-winged Hawk.  This wass the first one I've seen outside of Costa Rica.

Elk number 108.  Photo by James Tietz.

No comments:

Post a Comment