Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hella Chronic Birding

I got about 5 lifers yesterday.  It was so exhausting that I couldn't blog about it.  Now, while I should be out birding, I'm catching up on my TPAD.  I birded the Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Bear Island Wildlife Management Area, and Donneley WMA.  The birding here is ridick.  The amount of habitat is astounding.  There's so much water everywhere.  Plus, it rains hella and thunders hella and lightnings hella every single day at about 5 PM.  Lifers include: Mississippi Kite, Swallow-tailed Kite, Eastern Wood-pewee, Acadian Flycatcher, Great-crested Flycatcher.


Anhinga, Caw Caw.

Wood Stork, Caw Caw.

1 comment:

  1. 1st, in sotto voce (a hubba-hubba tone) "anhinnnngaaaah..." fell out of my mouth.
    Then I squeaked, "WOOD stork?!? Auh!" (cry of frustr-envy).

    So psyched for you. Been to NC, outer banks, Pea Island NWR, etc., and it was amazing, birds everywhere, and saw my 1st nutria--a famous cons. bio. scoundrel I'd heard so much about. And had the best scallops of my life. A fabulous part of the U.S.

    ReplyDelete